Pain Management Program
PAIN IS A PROBLEM. PAIN MANAGEMENT IS COMPLEX.
For the older adult, unrelieved pain can result in problems with mobility, increased risk of falls, trouble sleeping, as well as depression, anxiety and social isolation.
Now more than ever, people in pain need a personalized pain treatment plan that includes not only pharmacologic but non-pharmacologic and complementary therapies.
The Angels Care Home Health Pain Management Program provides at-home assessment, skilled instruction and implementation of nursing and therapy services to help manage pain.
Our skilled nurses will provide you and your family with education about:
- Definition of pain, different types of pain and possible causes
- The use of a pain rating scale
- How to track pain
- How to identify trends and triggers of pain and strategies to manage
- How to set and achieve realistic goals for pain control
- How to use analgesic pain medications
- How to manage possible side effects
- How to store drugs safely in the home and how to safely dispose of them
- Information to help correct common misconceptions about pain including education on the difference between addiction, physical dependence, and tolerance
- Use of non-drug therapies to control pain
- Lifestyle changes and Self-Management strategies
- What to do if pain is not adequately controlled
Benefits of Physical Therapy
The less you move, the more pain you’ll experience. Conversely, the more safe, therapeutic activity and exercise you get and the more you learn how to exercise to accommodate your pain—the less pain you’ll feel and the more you’ll be able to function on a daily basis.
A physical therapist can work with you to understand your pain, what causes it, and what can be done to manage it.
Physical Therapy Can Provide:
- A Personalized Exercise Program
- Active and/or Passive Range of Motion
- Stretching and Strengthening Exercises
- TENS unit
- Application of Heat or Cold
Overall Program Benefits:
- In home convenience
- Covered 100% by Medicare, no out of pocket costs
We are happy to serve you and to answer any questions you have regarding our
Pain Management Program or any other home health needs. Contact your local Angels Care office today.